- Telephone 0131 555 7070
- Opening times Mon–Fri 7.45am–6.30pm, Sat/Sun 9am–6pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–5pm; Sat/Sun 9am–6pm.
- Average price £7.50 (lunch)
- Website printworkscoffee.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2014 edition.
One of those typically modern Leith food and drink conversions which benefits from a great space that would undoubtedly be prime property in the city centre, Printworks Coffee enjoys light from the ceiling-height windows that line the storefront. It’s a warm and relaxingly convivial space, which makes a feature – as the name might suggest – of the quality of its coffee. It’s one of the only places in the city to stock Monmouth, a strong and flavoursome brew particularly favoured by coffee-lovers and made here by qualified baristas. Their local sourcing is excellent, with cakes from Love Pure, bread from Dough Re Mi, soups from Union of Genius and teas from Pekoe tea, while the food offerings are simple but effective – breakfast baps and porridge during the week, French toast or smoked salmon and eggs on sourdough for weekend brunch, and a lunch menu of wraps, panini and antipasti sharing plates.
- High point: Great coffee
- Low point: Not a wide range of food
- Notable dish: Piri piri chicken and jalapeno wrap.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jazz music.
- Capacity: 35
- Largest group: 10
- Open since: 2012
- BYOB: None corkage