Takeaway focused on variety with an endless array of sandwich and salad combinations to suit all dietary needs.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Thyme is on a mission to make lunchtime more interesting for the hungry commuters, office staff, and students of Tollcross. The colourful menu boards list 50 different sandwiches, wraps, rolls, baked potatoes, and salads; all are made fresh to order and can be customised. Breakfast boasts bacon rolls, smoothies, and yoghurt pots with fresh fruit and granola. Salads are popular at lunch with the choice of mixed leaves, cous cous, or both, under a crayfish Caesar or harissa chicken. Home baking includes chocolate nutty honeycomb bars, the perfect combination of salty and sweet. Dietary requirements are well catered for with a menu dedicated entirely to vegan, gluten free, and dairy free options. Takeaway is the main focus, though you can sit on a bar stool at the window.
- High point: Huge range means you’ll never get bored
- Low point: Even with five different soups they sell out on a cold days
- Notable dish: Superfood salads
- Delivery: Office lunch platters/orders and outside catering - min £20 spend
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Background pop
- Capacity: 4
- Open since: 2003