- Telephone 01307 468564
- Food served Café: Mon–Sat 9am–4.30pm; Sun 11am–4pm; Bar: Mon–Sat noon– 2.30pm; 5–9pm; Sun 12.30–8.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Early bird – Mon–Thu 4.30–6.30pm
- Average price (lunch); £18 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £10 for 2 courses
- Website www.thestagforfar.co.uk
The Stag restaurant and café is housed in what used to be nearby Glamis Castle’s estate shooting lodge, making it a historic spot for a bite to eat. The owner today was a farmer before he went into the restaurant trade and prides himself in growing as much of the restaurant's fruit, vegetables and salad as possible. The café is upstairs and has been recently renovated, giving it a pleasant open feel. If you want a freshly prepared light lunch using some extremely local ingredients and a range of baked goods, including gluten-free brownies, then this is a worthwhile stopping point.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi