Nanyang Malaysian Cuisine
- Telephone 0131 629 1797
- Opening times Daily: noon–11pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri & Sun noon–2.30pm, 5–10.30pm; Sat noon–2.30pm, 5–10pm.
- Website www.nanyangrestaurant.com
Delicious Malaysian cuisine served with a keen eye to detail in the sleek Quartermile district.
Overlooking a modern courtyard in the slick Quartermile, Nanyang Malaysian Cuisine caters for handholding couples, work colleagues or family reunions. The sleek space is all glass walls and open aspects with a subtle Malaysian vibe. Kick-off with crispy potato-filled curry puffs, perfect for dunking in Malaysian sweet and spicy curry sauce. Siu mai dumplings spill over their edges. also awaiting dipping. Rendang beef, the coconut-y classic, lives up to its delicious reputation with a good kick of heat that doesn’t overpower more subtle flavours. Moist grilled sea bass is wrapped in banana leaf and drizzled with a tangy sambal sauce, which sets off the sweetness of the fish, while tender water spinach sautéed in Nanyang sauce is light and clean and definitely worth trying. Finish with warm, creamy sago in coconut milk, and ice-cream.
- Delivery: https://www.just-eat.co.uk/restaurants-nanyang-eh3/menu
- Private dining: Up to 35 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pop
- Capacity: 70 (20 outdoors)
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £17 per bottle
- BYOB: £6 corkage