Nanyang Malaysian Cuisine
- Telephone 0131 629 1797
- Opening times Daily: noon–11pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri & Sun noon–2.30pm, 5–10.30pm; Sat noon–2.30pm, 5–10pm.
- Website www.nanyangrestaurant.com
Bustling, colourful and cosy Malaysian restaurant in the sleek Quartermile development.
You’d be hard-pressed to find more than a smattering of Malaysian restaurants in Edinburgh, so it’s good news that Nanyang does things well. In the swish Quartermile development, it’s a pleasant place for a casual meal, and even better on a warm sunny day when you can take advantage of the outdoor seating. The restaurant is vibrant and tastefully decorated with photos of Malaysian life. During the day you'll be rubbing elbows with students and staff from the university who come for the dim sum, only available at lunch. Nights see a steady stream of takeaway drivers and neighbourhood residents enjoying the beautifully presented traditional dishes and street food. Starters of aromatic pandan chicken or crispy shredded squid are both good choices, generously sized with punchy sweet chilli sauce. The rendang beef is melt in your mouth stuff, its dry sauce packed with flavour and well matched by the coconut rice. Desserts are hit and miss but with portion sizes as generous as these you'll hardly need pudding.
- Delivery: https://www.just-eat.co.uk/restaurants-nanyang-eh3/menu
- Private dining: Up to 35 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chinese & Malaysian light pop
- Capacity: 70 (20 outdoors)
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £17 per bottle
- BYOB: £6 corkage