- Telephone 01356 625400
- Opening times Baillie Restaurant: Mon–Sun 7am–11pm. Hudson Bar Mon–Sun 5pm–close.
- Food served Baillie Restaurant Mon–Sun 7am–8.45pm (breakfast served 7–9.30am). Hudson Bar Mon–Sun 5–8.45pm.
- Average price £12 (lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Website www.northern-hotel.co.uk
Taken over in late 2016, the Baillie Restaurant now serves food all day and the bar from 5pm.
Taken over by Pawel and Joanna Michalowska in November 2016, reviews for the fresh start are good, particularly when it comes to service. An extensive new menu is served all day in the Baillie Restaurant, including breakfast open to non-guests. The new line-up focuses on crowd-pleasing, occasionally retro favourites like prawn cocktail, steak and burgers, mixing classic Scottish with a strong Italian bent: chicken Milanese rubs shoulders with chicken stuffed with haggis, and there's a whole pasta section. The lunch menu serves up soups, sandwiches and lighter options, and from 5pm the Hudson Bar (which now admits children) has a shorter, no-frills bar menu.
- No. overnight rooms: 15
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi