- Telephone 01356 648070
- Opening times Mon–Sun 10am–6pm
- Seasonal times Closed for Winter late October to mid March
- Food served Mon–Sun 10am–6pm
- Average price £12 (lunch)
- Website www.gleneskretreat.co.uk
To reach The Glenesk Retreat you have either traversed miles of stunning scenery on foot, on bicycle or by car and the restaurant won't disappoint in offering you replenishment for your efforts. A vibrant room, with friendly staff and can-do attitude, offers a positive experience from start to finish. A specials menu has an array of dishes from carrot and coriander nut loaf to Invermark venison alongside the standard light lunch offerings. The homemade relish that accompanies the beef burgers is worthy of note. The children's menu is fairly standard with options such as chicken or fish and chips but it is freshly made and solid fuel for all the activities there are at the Retreat for small people to do. The restaurant is licensed and set menus are often created to complement the variety of event nights the Retreat hosts. Steak and grill Saturday nights and the Sunday lunchtime roasts are enormously popular and booking is advisable. It is usually closed during the winter months.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi