- Telephone 0131 556 8337
- Seasonal times Depends on demand in August
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–11pm; Fri/Sat noon–11.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Playhouse Theatre show dates only, 4–6pm, order by 6pm, out by 7.30
- Pre-theatre price £14.95
- Website www.pomegranatesrestaurant.com
Middle Eastern mezze and vibrant shisha bar in the heart of the city.
Pomegranate’s spacious, jewel-coloured upstairs and cosy downstairs cellar bar enjoy a prime location in a clutch of lively restaurants at the top of Leith Walk, perfectly positioned for the theatre, cinema and local night spots. The informal mezze style is more dinner with friends than romantic evening for two, but the sweet, heady smell of shisha and vibrant, friendly atmosphere make for a great start or end to an evening on the town. The menu features the kind of Middle Eastern standards you’d expect – falafel, hummus and aubergine mezze, accompanied by enormous, pillowy unleavened breads, followed by a large selection of kebabs, chargrilled chicken and lamb dishes. There’s sticky baklava and lokum with rose ice-cream to satisfy your sweet cravings and Arabic coffee or short, strong Persian tea. Among its special attractions are the outdoor shisha bar and the lavish private dining rooms ideal for parties and bigger groups. Shisha is offered all year round with twelve flavours including double apple, watermelon and, of course, pomegranate, with tobacco-free versions available.
Bringing the rich flavours of the Middle East to Scotland, Pomegranate is set at the top of Edinburgh's Leith Walk. Along with traditional Middle Eastern and North African main courses, the menu also offers an eclectic array of hot and cold mezze. The décor is colourful yet cosy, with hanging lanterns and Arabic-style cushions. An outside seating area for diners to enjoy flavoured shisha pipe is also available.
Text supplied by third party.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Private dining: 30/30 (could squeeze 40)
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Traditional and contemporary Arabic music
- Live entertainment: Belly dancer can be hired for private dining areas
- Capacity: 130 (30 outdoors)
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2 (1 red, 1 white, de-alcoholised or non-alcoholic)
- BYOB: No charge corkage (Only sells de-alcoholised or non-alcoholic drinks. All alcohol consumed must be BYOB, prosecco, wine, beer and cider only. No corkcage but 30p per bottle recylcing charge)