The Pear Tree Tea Room & Larder
- Telephone 01382 320266
- Food served Wed–Sun noon–8pm. Closed Mon/Tue.
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.peartreeauchterhouse.co.uk
Located at the popular Auchterhouse Country Sports, the Pear Tree is worth the trip into the countryside to the north of Dundee. The food here is simple but well-prepared and presented. Steak pie, fish and chips and macaroni cheese sit alongside mince and tatties – a menu item many will be delighted to see. There are more sophisticated items on offer, but who can resist a pear crumble? High teas are also available, with half portions for smaller appetites.
- Provides: Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 44
- Open since: 2010 under current contractor
Reviews & features
George Marshall on Aberdeen Angus beef11 Jul 2012
The Angus Larder - Chef's Choice
George Marshall on why the Pear Tree Restaurant uses local Aberdeen Angus beef, and on friendly farming rivalry.