The Last Word Saloon
Cosy, quirky basement bar specialising in quality cocktails in sophisticated, muted surroundings.
Tucked away in a Stockbridge basement the Last Word’s cosy, quirky atmosphere, roaring fires, sheepskin rugs and welcoming staff should make you feel instantly at home. While the décor may be traditional, there’s nothing conventional about the fabulous cocktail menu. A Tiger Moth is a beautifully berry-sweet blend of maraschino liqueur, gin and grenadine, while the addition of sugar-snap pea syrup gives the Lear’s Lyric a delightful savoury lift. Given its size it’s no surprise that there’s no kitchen, but a selection of nibbles or a cheeseboard from neighbouring I. J. Mellis are available if you need a little something to soak up the booze. If cocktails aren’t your thing, there are plenty wines available by the glass, plus rotating guest beers and an impressive array of single malts.
- High point: Cleverly constructed cocktails
- Low point: The upbeat music doesn’t match the chilled out vibes
- Notable dish: Lear's Lyric
- Provides: Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Eclectic staff picks
- Live entertainment: See facebook and twitter for live music
- Capacity: 40 (90 standing)
- Largest group: 90
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £14 per bottle