- Telephone 0131 629 0626
- Opening times Mon–Sat 10am–6.30pm; Sun noon–6pm.
- Seasonal times Closing times vary. They'll stay open until 8 when busy especially during the Festival
- Food served Mon–Fri 9am–6pm; Sat 9.30am–6pm; Sun noon–6pm.
- Average price £8 (lunch)
- Website www.lovecrumbs.co.uk
A relaxed tea and coffee house near the Grassmarket; now doing savoury snacks as well as excellent, inventive cakes and biscuits
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
A reputation for outlandishly creative and well-executed baking brings in a wide range of customers to this popular hangout near the Grassmarket. While sister café Twelve Triangles focuses on breads and doughnuts, Lovecrumbs remains dedicated to its original vision of an unadulterated menu of cakes and tarts, supplied daily by their kitchen in Leith. A chocolate and rosemary tart is balanced well to make it a flavour combination that works to the last mouthful and a hazel, plum and polenta cake is the perfect accompaniment to a bowl of coffee. A relaxed homely ethos pervades and the flask of hot water served with a cup of lemongrass and marigold tea means no further invitation is needed to sit here and while away a few hours with a book or a group of friends. Extra seating on a pile of cushions in the window or at an old piano all add to the rustic charm.
- High point: Exceptionally well-baked, inventive cakes
- Low point: Some décor getting rough around the edges
- Notable dish: Creative cakes
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Hosts a variety of live events, Pyrus flowers wreath-making classes, occasional jazz performances. These are not regularly scheduled, but are advertised on their Facebook/ Twitter page.
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 0
- Open since: 2011
Events at this venue
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Knit, crochet, eat cake!
Would you like to meet fellow crazy knitters and crochet addicts who love cake and a chat on a Saturday morning? Then this is the group to join. We meet weekly at 10.30am at Lovecrumbs, 155 West Port, Edinburgh EH3 9DP.