- Telephone 01241 878104
- Food served Wed–Sat noon–9.30pm; Sun 12.30–7pm. Closed Mon/Tue.
- Pre-theatre times Tue–Sun 5–6.30pm
- Average price £21 (lunch); £26 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £14.50
- Website www.harboursidegrill.co.uk
Coming under new ownership in mid 2013, this restaurant continues to specialise in seafood and steaks using quality ingredients. The space is well lit, decorated in off-white with comfortable blue chairs, natural wood floors and tables, with an appealing seaside feel to the venue. The menus are inventive and flexible with an emphasis on local ingredients – ranging from the famous Arbroath smokie to quality fish suppers and a range of burgers. The menu is bolstered by blackboard specials with lunch deals available, flexible enough for a light bite or something more lavish such as fillet steak with all the trimmings and sticky toffee pudding.
- Private dining: Up to 16 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu
- Music on stereo: Scottish pop,jazz, mixed
- Live entertainment: acoustic duos and singers
- Capacity: 62
- Largest group: 45
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £13.50 per bottle
Reviews & features
David Bradley on Arbroath smokies11 Jul 2012
The Angus Larder - Chef's Choice
David Bradley, head chef at the Harbourside Grill in Arbroath, talks about his town's most famous culinary export.