Coltman's Delicatessen & Kitchen
- Telephone 01721 720405
- Seasonal times Summer: Thur–Sat till midnight.
- Food served Sun–Wed 10am–5pm; Thu–Sat 10am–10pm.
- Average price £20 (set evening meal)
- Website www.coltmans.co.uk
Refined wee café bistro with notable deli counter.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Coltman’s has a friendly style, whether you’re chilled after a winter walk and need to warm up with a bowl of homemade soup and a satisfying bookmaker sandwich, or just seeking a peaceful few minutes with coffee and a cake in the window seat overlooking the Tweed and the Border hills beyond. It’s an established favourite with locals looking to linger over a good lunch but if you’re not lucky enough to score a table, then picnic supplies of charcuterie, quiches and local cheeses and excellent sausage rolls can be had from the deli counter. Evenings bring a sophisticated touch, and the wood-burning stove and thistle-themed décor lend a contemporary Scottish style which makes an intimate setting for Kenny Coltman’s assured handling of local game, fish and seasonal vegetables.
- Private dining: Up to 16 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle