- Telephone 0131 551 2700
- Food served Mon–Sun, 4.30–11pm.
- Average price £11 (evening meal)
- Website www.oceanspiceedinburgh.co.uk
This nearly seafront takeaway by Newhaven came under new management in 2012, heralding an expansion of its menu to include more southern Indian dishes. Old favourites like onion bhaji and the filling haggis and potato pakora are still there but mains now include seafood dishes such as the coconut-based fish alleppey from the south western Kerala region and chicken chettinad from Tamilnadu. The chicken is marinated in garlic, peppercorn and red chilli sauce which kicks some life into the dish but best order rice with mains as the naans could be better. Check their new website for a full menu, where you can also order online. Delivery is available to EH4–7.
- Delivery: EH6 £1, EH5 and EH7 £1.50, EH4 £2.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Wheelchair access
- Open since: 2011