Friendly, relaxed bar with a neighbourhood feel, equally inviting for a quiet pint or as a place to meet friends.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Tucked away in a quiet street off the bustling West End, Teuchters is a pub with laid-back charm, its wooden floors and comfy sofas offering space to relax and chat. The bar offers no less than 100 malt whiskies, a range of craft beers and three guest beers a month plus a good selection of wines. The pub is known for the casual style of its menu – dig your spoon into a mug (yes, a mug) of Cullen skink or haggis neeps and tatties, with an Arran mustard whisky cream sauce on the side. Pies are cooked to order or you can share a platter of meats or Scottish cheeses. Ingredients for the menus are locally sourced and the eggs organic. This is a great neighbourhood pub, with friendly staff and an atmosphere that belies its central location.
- High point: Friendly neighbourhood feel, good service
- Low point: Bar can get busy
- Notable dish: Veggie haggis, neeps and tatties
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Background music
- Capacity: 70
- Open since: 2001
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 18
- House wine: £16.50 per bottle