Den Bar & Restaurant
This review is taken from the 2015 edition.
Gourmet burger may be an over-used term but The Den’s is worthy of a trip to the suburbs. An ongoing relationship with the local Edenmill Farm is clearly one advantage of being on the city’s outskirts: a wonderfully tender venison burger – one of several available – is the welcome result. Four distinct menus available in the bar or dining area cover brunch to dinner and suggest why the bar deserves a place in Glasgow’s bistro-bar scene. Hearty Italian meatballs hit the spot, southern-fried chicken strips are a great appetiser while loftier ambitions are on show elsewhere. Scottish lamb rump with salsa or month-aged sirloin with chimichurri combine well with a full-bodied valpolicella, one of an admirable 12 wines by the glass, a nod to the owner’s background as a wine merchant. It’s an immensely likeable space, popular with locals but equally welcoming of curious visitors, who’ll quickly realise that it’s the equal of anything the big smoke has to offer.
- High point: Beautifully cooked burger
- Low point: No dining deals
- Notable dish: Venison burger
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Acoustic
- Live entertainment: quiz night Thu 9pm
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: Dec 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 22
- House wine: £16 per bottle
Events at this venue
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Den Pub Quiz
Pub quiz promising all your favourite categories including showbiz, pictures, music, general knowledge and 'plenty of banter or your money back'.