- Telephone 0131 556 1289
- Bar open Mon–Wed 5pm–midnight; Thu 5pm–1am; Fri 4pm–2am; Sat & Sun noon–2am (Beer & Skittles).
- Food served Sun–Thu 5–9.45pm; Fri–Sat 5–10.45pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Fri, 5pm–6:45pm
- Pre-theatre price £21.95; 3 courses £26.95
- Website www.steakedinburgh.com
Stylish steakhouse for serious meat eaters, boasting a theatrically chic setting.
Rest assured: this restaurant does not take the good name of steak in vain. The aim here is to serve quality steaks in a unique and theatrical venue, which is accomplished on all fronts. First, the beef: sirloin, fillet, ribeye, T-bone. They've got it all here, dry-aged and cooked exactly as you like it. Sharing cuts such as chateaubriand are available too, and all can be served with a selection of sauces, such as béarnaise, smoked marrow butter, and café de Paris butter. Sides include sweet potato fries and glazed kale & truffled leeks, and when it's time for dessert do yourself a favour and plump for the crème brûlée. The menu is fairly standard for a steakhouse, but its execution is a step above the norm. Their desire to serve in a theatrical setting is more than fulfilled by the Picardy Place set-up, with its chic leather seating and dramatic low-hanging lights. The waiting staff here are so well-trained that the extensive wine list is like a second language, and if you've got any questions about the way the meat is cut, sourced or cooked, ask away. Dining here is a must for steak lovers: after all, the clue is in the name.
- Private dining: Middle section can be booked for 10 people (not a separate room but an area which is divided off from the rest of the restaurant area)
- Provides: Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Occasionally DJ Friday and Saturday (in Skittles bar downstairs)
- Capacity: 90
- Largest group: 90
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 22
- House wine: £22 per bottle