- Telephone 0141 332 3565
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–2pm, 5–9.30pm; Sat noon–11pm; Sun 5–9pm. (Closed Mon/Tue if no shows on at the King's Theatre)
- Pre-theatre times 2.30–6.30pm
- Pre-theatre price £12.95
- Website teatrorestaurant.co.uk
A welcoming Italian just off Sauchiehall Street where generous dishes are freshly prepared and served with charm.
Renowned for its lunchtime and pre-theatre deals, this restaurant – once the theatre crowds have left – morphs into a cosy setting for a leisurely meal. The generous dishes are individually created from fresh locally sourced or genuine Italian ingredients. The ubiquitous Italian restaurant shared platter is sometimes little more than a few slices of meat and cheese with pickled vegetables, not so here, where the antipasto del Teatro truly does present a taste of everything including crispy salt and pepper squid rings, melting mozzarella and wild mushroom arancini, tomato bruschetta, olives, salami, parma ham, mortadella, mini mixed salad and, in pride of place, a toothsome buffalo mozzarella dressed with strands of red pepper. This generous dish can be had in starter or main portions and as a main with a few glasses of wine makes for a truly convivial evening. The mains can almost be overly generous although they all come with accompanying sauces in traditional sauceboats so the richness can be paced – the succulent chicken served with sides of spinach and mash for pollo alla Teatro is rich with mushrooms, cream and gorgonzola.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Italian popular classics
- Live entertainment: Classical guitarist on Fri and Sat evening
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle