- Telephone 0300 124 5099
- Opening times Tue–Thu noon–3.30pm & 5.30–10.30pm; Fri & Sat noon–11pm; Sun 12.30–10pm; Closed Mon.
- Food served Tue–Thu noon–10.15pm; Fri/Sat noon–10.45; Sun noon–9.45pm. Closed Mon.
- Pre-theatre times Cheaper tapas style mains available from 5pm–6.30pm Tuesday – Thursday
- Website www.bananaleafglasgow.com
Glasgow's premiere Malaysian restaurant offering exciting regional specialities and world-class service in the heart of the city
Glasgow’s leading Malaysian restaurant, Banana Leaf is hugely proud of the multifaceted cuisine of its homeland and eager to share its treasures, making for one of the warmest, most enthusiastic welcomes in town. Smartly decorated in lush jungle greens with cosy pinprick lights and large picture windows, Banana Leaf is constantly buzzing with a post-work, pre-theatre crowd and lucky tourists from its surrounding hotels. Start with a glass of hibiscus-laced fizz and graze the signature tasting platter – richly curried pork ribs, crispy wontons, keropok lekur fish crackers and a sharply dressed spinach salad. Mains are engagingly divided into sections like Blast From The Past – home-style comforts like stir-fried curry leaf with butter, milk and lemongrass; and Hot and Spicy Market – try plump king prawns with eggplant in a traditional sambal, together with rarities like succulent braised goose and a dedicated if tofu-heavy vegan menu. Malaysia has a reputation as a sweet tooth’s paradise so make sure you finish on syrupy banana fritters or luminous green pandan leaf pancakes with custard, washed down with hot mug of yuan yang – half coffee, half tea.
The culmination of 35 years' experience starting in Malaysia has been transported in all its authenticity for your enjoyment here in Glasgow with this family-run business.
Text supplied by third party.
- Provides: Halal options, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 38
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £18 per bottle