This restaurant has ceased trading.
First opened in London in 1999, Carluccio’s now signifies top-notch bistro-style Italian eating in many UK cities. Two branches tempt the Glasgow diner/shopper, one in the city centre, one in Silverburn shopping mall. The West Nile Street branch is perfectly situated to attract the hungry and weary, and once inside it is bliss to be embraced by all that is on offer. The gift hunter can simply reach for a jar of amaretti, some extra virgin olive oil or an Italian-style chocolate treat, then conscience clear, food selection begins. There are gluten and dairy-free sections, interesting vegetarian options and fixed price deals with eager and witty staff on hand to advise on the chef’s specials. All day breakfast is served from 8am till 11pm; a truffle and parmesan frittata accompanied by the Mimosa a Prosecco and fizzy Aranciata cocktail is the ideal restorative. The à la carte includes mains such as a crispy pan-fried sea bass with tomato salsa, barley and rocket salad or a tasting trio of pasta for two. In line with Italian traditions, pizzas are not on the menu in this stylish restaurant.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Italian themed contemporary classics
- Live entertainment: Opera night with opera singers and a 3 course meal for￡40 and 10%off in the Deli.Restaurant also runs cookery classes
- Capacity: 116
- Largest group: 25
- Open since: 2012
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle