- Telephone 0141 445 0200
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–3pm. Closed Sat/Sun. Closed Sat/Sun
- Average price £4.50 (set lunch)
- Website www.luvcafe.co.uk
A not-for-profit café serving grilled sandwiches, salads, soups and baked potatoes, all at very affordable prices.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Sitting on the corner of a busy intersection, LUV Café stands out with its wooden façade and golden lettering. The café boasts a clear ethos, with no meal on the menu costing more than £4.50. Sitting under cherub lampshades and bejewelled chandeliers, you'd be forgiven for forgetting you were sitting in Govan. LUV trades in hot rolls and drinks until 11am, then serves soups, sandwiches, and their trademark toasted tascas for lunch. The latter comes with the likes of pulled pork and cheddar, marinated Cajun chicken, or roasted peppers, feta and rocket. Also on the menu are jacket potatoes with all the usual suspects, or a tuna and black olive salad. Pop in after lunch for tea, coffee, or a slice of something sweet. Just be sure to get down early if you want some hot food.
- High point: Affordable for everyone
- Low point: Limited opening hours
- Delivery: local businesses only
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Live entertainment: occasional acoustic and jazz bands playing
- Capacity: 30 (12 outdoors)
- Largest group: 30 or 40 (buffet)
- Open since: 2004