Café Source Too
- Telephone 0141 357 6437
- Bar open Sun–Thu 10am–11pm; Fri/Sat 10am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–3pm, 5–9pm; Fri noon–3pm, 5–10pm; Sat noon–10pm; Sun noon–9pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Thu noon–3pm, 5–9pm; Fri noon–3pm, 5–10pm; Sat noon–10pm; Sun noon–9pm
- Pre-theatre price £16
- Website www.cafesourcetoo.co.uk
A highly professional and popular restaurant specialising in Scottish food, unusually set in a West End sports club
With a wonderfully leafy beer garden encircling the building, this is a sedately chilled place to while away a few hours whatever the season. Café Source Too is based on the ground floor of Hillhead Sports Club at Hyndland – but for all that it is family and gym-dodger friendly, although somewhat of an adventure to find down a narrow cobbled West End lane that the sat nav doesn’t recognise. Food is classic Scottish served up in solid portions, yet with a finesse in the cooking that makes it feel like a treat. Great care is paid to sourcing, and a smoked salmon starter is cured with blackberries and locally created Garden Shed Gin, and served as a salad with pickled beetroot and horseradish. Traditional dishes such as fish and chips and cheeseburgers rub shoulders with more elaborate dishes, such as a ballotine of roast chicken, which comes stuffed with mushroom duxelle and wrapped in salty bacon, alongside a fresh and delicious celeriac remoulade and a fondant potato.
- Private dining: Up to 120 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 75
- Largest group: 75
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle