Vroni's Wine & Champagne Bar
- Telephone 0141 221 4677
- Bar open Mon–Sat 10am–midnight; Sun noon–10pm
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–4pm; Sun noon–9pm
- Average price £14 (lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Website www.vronis.co.uk
With a reputation spanning over 20 years, Vroni's offers well-chosen wines and champagnes in a romantic and secluded setting.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
For over two decades, Vroni’s has been catering for those who appreciate the finer things in life. Flying in the face of modern drinking culture, the interior manages to combine the classic mix of plush leather seating, dark wood furniture and dimmed lighting to wonderful effect. Amid this traditional backdrop is the assurance of privacy and discretion – a place where young professionals can enjoy the spoils that their busy life allows. Great wines and bonafide champagnes are in abundance, and staff are only too willing to help you select the perfect glass to go along with the compact food offerings – light bites, popular mains and sharing plates, including a delicious cured meat platter. Vroni’s is a great before or after-dinner place to enjoy time with loved ones or perhaps thrash out the details of that new business deal over a bottle of great Romanian pinot noir.
- High point: Very traditional vibe
- Low point: Expect to be asked what you do for a living. A lot.
- Notable dish: Meat platter
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Soft jazz. Weekends rock and pop.
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 1995
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 21 (inc. champagne and prosecco)
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle