- Telephone 0141 334 2037
- Seasonal times Nov–Mar Mon–Sun 9AM–4PM
- Food served Mon–Sun 9am–5pm
- Average price £10 (lunch)
- Website www.cafecirca.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
Besides bringing a nice touch of down-to-earth quirkiness to the increasingly upscale strip of shops and cafés on the Crow Road near Jordanhill, the family-run, proudly dog-friendly Café Circa also boasts an impressively full and varied selection of dishes apt for eating from early until late. Fun retro touches – including old Broons and Tammy annuals and classic kids toys on high shelves – brighten relatively plain décor. Breakfasts range from a full Scottish eggs Benedict to a Spanish omelette. With a sizeable kitchen through the back, they do quite a full range of hot meals for a café – including a homemade burger served with hand-cut oregano roasted wedges, or daily specials that can include spaghetti and meatballs with pomodoro sauce. It's all good enough to suggest they could consider extending opening into evening and encouraging more people to exploit their no-corkage BYOB.
- High point: Lots of outdoor seats
- Low point: Enormous slices of onion and tomato on the burger
- Delivery: £1.20
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Vintage crooners
- Capacity: 26
- Largest group: 26
- Open since: 2006
- BYOB: Nothing corkage