Nachos restaurant and cocktail bar
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 616 6666
- Opening times Tue–Sun 3–10pm.
- Food served Tue–Sat 3–10pm; Sun 3–9pm
- Pre-theatre times Tue–Sun 3–6pm
- Average price £15 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £10.95
- Website www.nachosrestaurant.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2014 edition.
An Incan mural dominates the décor in a large dining room filled with natural looking wooden furniture and a slightly incongruous living room style carpet. Tuesday and Wednesday nights are tapas nights and there’s quite a range. Not all are Mexican either – with a few Spanish dishes such as patatas bravas and chorizo a la parilla in the mix – the latter more like pepperoni sausage than chorizo. Other more successful offerings include the refried beans and the chipotle mushrooms. No doubt the tapas are good value with some from as little as £1. The à la carte is available on tapas nights, too. The beef chimichunga, however, features lacklustre meat that is on the al dente side, wrapped in a deep-fried tortilla that absorbs too much cooking oil. More successful is the mole poblano featuring moist chicken breast in a chilli and chocolate sauce. Desserts are not homemade and the churros, strips of deep-fried doughnut with a chocolate sauce, are more calorific than terrific.
- High point: Refried beans
- Low point: Cooking that leaves a lot to be desired
- Notable dish: Mole poblano
- Delivery: From £1.50, based on postcode
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Latin classics
- Capacity: 88
- Largest group: 20 (or 88)
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle