10 to 10 In Delhi
- Telephone 0131629 1130
- Seasonal times Edinburgh Festival open later but undefined.
- Food served Mon–Sat 10am–10pm; Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £5.95 (set lunch); £8 (evening meal)
- Website www.10to10indelhi.co.uk
Festooned with colourful textiles, 10 to 10 in Delhi is a jewel box of casual neighbourhood dining.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
With every surface festooned with colourful textiles, 10 to 10 in Delhi is a jewel box of casual neighbourhood dining. Warm and winsome staff somehow find room for the many diners awaiting a cosy table, including dedicated locals, hungry students and international visitors who have tracked down this charming curry house. Generous plates continually flow from the tiny kitchen. Roti rolls, filled with curry, offer a light but pleasing snack. Hungrier? Choose either chicken or chana masala, spilling over with chickpeas, luxuriating in a light, creamy curry sauce, popped up with coriander. The lamb shamb, full of slow-cooked lamb and bright tender peas, is sheer comfort food. If you can’t make up your mind, the meat or vegetarian platters, for one or two, offer multiple bowls of curry, filled to the brim, joined by basmati rice or garlic naan. Cheesecake, flavoured with mango, may not seem typically Indian, but as little is typical here at 10 to 10, just roll with it and enjoy this tasty pudding – if you can find the room.
- High point: Absolutely charming dining room
- Low point: Not great for larger groups
- Notable dish: Chana masala
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Indian music
- Capacity: 30
- Largest group: 14-16
- Open since: 2009