10 to 10 In Delhi
- Telephone 0131 629 1130 / 07536757770
- Seasonal times Festival: later opening
- Food served Mon–Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 12.30–10pm.
Decorated with colourful textiles, 10 to 10 in Delhi does casual budget dining with Indian, Middle Eastern and African flavours.
A student favourite, this small cafe and tea house has colourful scarves and textiles pinned to the ceiling and draped over the furniture. There’s the original Nicolson Street café plus a second branch further up the road on Clerk Street; both do filling portions of African-Indian fusion food for under a tenner, which also makes them popular at festival time. Chef Alieu Badjan’s domoda sauce is recommended – a smooth peanut sauce with spices that can be served with chicken breast, or a tomato and coconut version for vegetarians. Dhal curry, lamb with a South Indian sauce, biryani and muttar paneer (cheese and green peas cooked in an Indian sauce) are all available from 10am to 10pm (except on Sundays when they open slightly later). No alcohol is served so it’s a good option for those on a dry month or people who want to meet away from drinkers. It can be hard to get a seat in the evenings, but you’re likely to find space in the mornings to enjoy a slow mango lassi or coffee.
- Delivery: https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/university-of-edinburgh/10-to-10-in-delhi Also now using ubereats
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions
- Capacity: 30
- Largest group: 14-16
- Open since: 2009