The Balcony Café
- Telephone 0141 427 9550
- Opening times Mon–Fri noon–10pm; Sat & Sun 10am–6pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 11am–9.30pm; Sat/Sun 10am–5:30pm.
- Website www.glasgowclimbingcentre.com/the-balcony-cafe/
Impressive café in the heavens of an old church repurposed as a climbing centre
After a hearty workout on the climbing wall, it’s only fitting to enjoy a well-matched hearty meal in the centre’s café, found up a spiral staircase. Sit in awe of the exquisite full-length stained-glass windows, taking in the view of the chalky overhanging walls among the large wooden Gothic-style church arches. Despite appearances, this small café packs a whole lot of flavour into its menu. With dishes like Indian-style French toast with spiced garam masala roast vegetables and a cooling mint yoghurt or the beef and chorizo quesadilla with paprika courgette, salsa, sour cream and fresh herby salad, the menu is out to impress. Head chef, Liam ‘the flavabomb king’ McAlpine, only uses locally sourced and seasonal ingredients in his appetising experiments, showcased best at the monthly pop-up events, hosted at this venue. Not to mention the sweet treats at the counter, baked by two local independent bakers that prove to be tasty classic bakes with a twist, such as the luxurious Oreo brownie. Atop the spiral staircase, it’s worth the climb.
Upstairs at The Glasgow Climbing Centre you will find a gem of a café.The Balcony is run by our fantastic Café Manager, Liam. He has created a menu of freshly made sandwiches and delicious main meals served along with our 'real bean' coffee. Pop in for great food, freshly prepared, and enjoy this unique venue. Watch others climbing, or use our free WiFi.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: Whole centre can be hired for climbing day.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Modern Pop
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2011
- BYOB: (Only at pop-up tasting menu events)