A colourful West End bar with an American diner inspired menu.
Vast Georgian windows provide a peaceful place to sit and people watch on this busy West End corner. Looking inward, there are contrasts aplenty as cowhide-lined chairs sit beside tweeds and orange leather bench seats. Screens show subtitled news, giving this modern bar the essence of an airport lounge; fitting, as the menu transports you Stateside for burgers, dogs and wings. The kitchen is shared with Kyloe upstairs – unfortunately though knowledge of product sourcing doesn’t filter through. The burger is well seasoned and juicy and the classic with cheese is comforting and pleasantly evocative. Skin-on fries are hand-cut and crispy, with salads and superbowls (under 500 calories) balancing the meat-heavy offering. The taps host a different selection of beer from the usual offerings, however without the excitement of a craft beer focus.
- High point: Clear effort to introduce a healthier alternative to pub grub …
- Low point: … but clearer descriptions are needed and veggies are neglected
- Notable dish: Skin on fries
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Lounge Jazz
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 2013
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £16 per bottle