The Bungo Bar & Kitchen
Neighbourhood kitchen and bar with a friendly vibe and a crowd-pleasing range of menus.
Bungo is the kind of neighbourhood bar-restaurant where locals might drop in several times in a day. On one side it’s an inviting pub serving excellent beer and welcoming kids and dogs, on the other it’s a casual but proper dining room. The food offering is the same either side of the divide, and works through from brunch – Scottish, Mexican and Lebanese breakfast dishes – to all-day mains and small plates. Burgers, fish and chips and pasta are joined on the menu by more exotic creations featuring Indian and North African flavours. The small plates work as bar snacks and starters, or assembled into a spread for sharing. Among these, beetroot gnocchi are pan-fried for an unusual and satisfying crunch and served with a gentle wild garlic pesto, while chargrilled chicken skewers come with a sweet-hot Korean take on satay sauce. Excellent hand-cut chips are enlivened by a sprinkle of rosemary salt. Weekly theme nights – curry Mondays, steak Thursdays and so on – are a good-value fixture.
- Private dining: Up to 24 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Playlist of staff and customer favourites
- Live entertainment: Quiz night weekly, Magician once per month, poetry night, cabaret night
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £19 per bottle
Reviews & features
Best burgers in Glasgow22 May 2018
Let us help you track down the best burgers in Glasgow
Cravings for big juicy burgers seem to be never ending, and luckily Glasgow has its fair share of places to indulge in some succulent red meat. Whether you're after all the trimmings or are more interested in a good burger with a simple side of fries…