- Telephone 0131 338 4444
- Seasonal times Closed Christmas Day
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–4am. Fri/Sat noon–5am.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–3pm, 6pm–11pm. Players' Menu served Mon–Sun 3pm–4am.
- Average price £8.95 (set lunch); £25 (evening meal)
- Website grosvenorcasinos.com
To travel beyond the front desk of this neon-lit 1920s landmark you must first join Gala Casinos, surrender an ID, register your name and address and look into one of the many wall cameras for a photograph. Now free to roam, diners walk up the art deco staircase, past film stills of James Bond and glamorous femmes fatales to the white tablecloths and sparkling cutlery of the Charleston Restaurant, overhanging the gaming tables. The establishment boasts 'a buzz and sense of decadence second to none' and on busy nights you can watch the gamblers cheer a win or cradle their heads in despair. The à la carte and daily changing table d’hôte dinner menus include light mains of lobster, scallop, monkfish and seabass, and the flexible chef can rustle up a vegetable curry or stroganoff if necessary, but diners are dealt manly menus of crowns of beef and assiettes of lamb, and muscular old-school puds. The canny casino knows how to play its patrons, engorging their appetites in gastronomy or gambling. After eating you may be tempted to have a flutter – or may have had enough chips in the restaurant already.
- Private dining: 50 in Card Room
- Provides: Halal options, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Piano man and rat pack crooner
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 1997
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £18 per bottle