- Telephone 0141 204 0060
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Seasonal times Comedy festival 1am licence
- Bar open Mon–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun noon–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Fri noon - 9pm; Sat/Sun noon–9.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri all day
- Average price £6 (set lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9
- Website yesbar.scot
Pro-indy-supporting city bar featuring pizza by the metre, prosecco on tap and comedy nights.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Yesbar, which used to be Vespar until owners Suz and Jim showed their colours in the run up to the indyref, offers SNP members a ten per cent discount on orders, but it’s a fine place to enjoy a drink irrespective of political persuasion. Like its predecessor, Yesbar features Frizzenti prosecco on tap and an Italian-style menu, where thin stone-baked pizzas with dough made from scratch are impressive – even more so when you considered they can be cooked by the metre. What’s more, with a little notice the kitchen can cook gluten-free pizza and pasta options as well, including macaroni cheese and spaghetti meatballs. House lager and wine comes with custom ‘yes’ branding, which feels characterful or gimmicky, depending on your stance. Either way, prices are cheap and there’s a downstairs venue with comedy on the weekends to unite customers with the universal language of laughter.
- High point: Prosecco on tap
- Low point: Hard to hear upstairs when busy
- Notable dish: Crispy calamari with garlic mayo
- Private dining: Up to 70 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mixture, upbeat
- Live entertainment: Wed–Sun standup from 8pm
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £14 (£10 midweek wine deal) per bottle
There are 4 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
David Tsonos: Walking the Cat
A blend of stand-up and storytelling following the misadventures of David after a painful break-up.
Julia Sutherland: The 40-Year-Old Version
The comedian joyously celebrates entering her 40s.
Molland vs Sullivan on Freedom of Speech
Late night comedy debate on freedom of speech. Choose you side wisely.
New Material Night
Julia Sutherland hosts a night for comedians to try out their latest gags and see which ones go down well and which ones don't.