- Telephone 0141 204 0060
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Seasonal times Comedy festival 1am licence
- Bar open Mon–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun noon–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Fri noon - 9pm; Sat/Sun noon–9.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri all day
- Average price £6 (set lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9
- Website yesbar.scot
Pro-indy-supporting city bar featuring pizza by the metre, prosecco on tap and comedy nights.
Yesbar, which used to be Vespar until owners Suz and Jim showed their colours in the run up to the indyref, offers SNP members a ten per cent discount on orders, but it’s a fine place to enjoy a drink irrespective of political persuasion. Like its predecessor, Yesbar features Frizzenti prosecco on tap and an Italian-style menu, where thin stone-baked pizzas with dough made from scratch are impressive – even more so when you considered they can be cooked by the metre. What’s more, with a little notice the kitchen can cook gluten-free pizza and pasta options as well, including macaroni cheese and spaghetti meatballs. House lager and wine comes with custom ‘yes’ branding, which feels characterful or gimmicky, depending on your stance. Either way, prices are cheap and there’s a downstairs venue with comedy on the weekends to unite customers with the universal language of laughter.
- High point: Prosecco on tap
- Low point: Hard to hear upstairs when busy
- Notable dish: Crispy calamari with garlic mayo
- Private dining: Up to 70 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mixture, upbeat
- Live entertainment: Wed–Sun standup from 8pm
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £14 (£10 midweek wine deal) per bottle
Events at this venue
There are 2 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Glasgow Bucket List Group.
Hello. I'm a stand up comedian who has just left his day job to do stand up full time. Also have some other projects. I am writing a show for this years Edinburgh festival called "The F##k It list". The idea of the show is to do things that I have never done before and I'm slightly scared of despite what other people…
Sat 16 Sep
Prices to be confirmed / 0141 204 0060
- 15:00 – 17:00
Improv Killed My Monday
Unscripted comedy shenanigans in the vein of Comedy Bang Bang and Whose Line is it Anyway?.
Mon 9 Oct
£3 (Students £2) / 0141 204 0060
- 19:30 – 22:00