This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Box office 01698 858500
- General enquiries 01698 858 500
- Food served Tue–Sun noon–9pm. Closed Mon.
- Pre-theatre times Daily noon–7pm
- Average price £10 (lunch); £17 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £14.95
- Website www.thesilverwells.co.uk
Silverwells is housed in a listed building that’s grand from the outside and impressive as you enter, too, where a stained glass stag greets imminent diners. It’s a bit of a ‘destination’ restaurant in Bothwell, very popular for functions as well as meals. Pleasantly, though, recent tendencies have been to informalise the place, with head chef Stuart Cummings placing emphasis on market menus and seasonality. Expect starters like mackerel pâté or steamed mussels, mains of rump of lamb or haddock chowder with the fresh, classy addition of asparagus, as well as beef rumps and fillets with diane or peppercorn sauce, garlic butter or red wine jus on the side.
- Provides: Wheelchair access
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- House wine: £17.95 per bottle