- Telephone 0131 554 6539
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £13 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.origano-leith.co.uk
Popular Leith Walk Italian decked out with rustic-chic furnishings where they really, really know their pizza.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
It can be hard to make antipasti seem interesting and original, but Origano manages it. Sure, their sharing platters are all meats and breads (as you would expect), but they are made of high-quality, flavoursome ingredients. The breads are infused with rosemary and garlic, and there is a wide selection of cured meats, from Parma ham to salami. Other starters include salads and garlic bread, but it's clear where their specialities lie. And speaking of specialities: the pizza here is something of local legend. With three size options to choose from, there's something for every stomach and there’s a good range of toppings to boot – everything from your classic Margarita to something a little more special (they aren’t afraid to bring out the truffle oil). The restaurant can be a little crowded, and you will need to book in advance, but there's a reason for that: it just might be the best pizza this side of Leith Walk.
- High point: Excellent pizza
- Low point: Not much space
A small and friendly authentic pizzeria offering fantastic freshly made pizza, pasta and antipasto sharing platters. All of our bread and dough is made fresh straight from our kitchen. The fresh tiramisu is a must!
Text supplied by third party.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 60
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £16 per bottle