- Telephone 01316295434
- Bar open Sun–Thu 5pm–1am; Fri/Sat 3pm–1am.
Little bar with an epic selection of beers, a smaller but perfectly formed selection of natural wines, single malts and a few tasty bar snacks.
This titchy beer den in Tollcross contains (perhaps) all the beers ever bottled in Belgium and Germany – you get the feeling they'll be round looking for their stock back post-Brexit. With windows onto Lauriston Place, watch the world go by whilst sipping an Oude Gueuze alone, or forget the world with a few pals and sample some Whoop Ass from Beerbliotek, or a Bigmouth by the Yeastie Boys. Choose from around 250 bottled beers, 10 or so frequently-changing draught beers including a couple of Scottish craft ales, up to ten natural wines by the glass and 60+ single malts. You can nibble on good quality cornichons, olives and cured meats but really this is a place for enjoying a drink. The décor features lots of dark wood furniture and some seasonal foliage, but is dominated by an enormous chalkboard of beers. Cheers!
- High point: You're sure to find a beer you love
- Low point: Line your stomach beforehand
- Provides: Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: BBC Radio 6 Music
- Capacity: 30
- Largest group: No group bookings but private hire possible
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £24 per bottle