Taco Mazama Mexican Kitchen
- Telephone 0141 337 3399
- Food served Mon–Wed 11am–10pm; Thu 11am–10pm; Fri 11am–1am; Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–10pm
- Average price £5.49–£7.99 (set lunch); £13 (evening meal)
- Typical order Slow-cooked barbecue pork burrito (£4.99)
- Website www.tacomazama.co.uk
Trailblazing Mexican takeaway doing tantalizing vegan options, burritos and bowls.
Fresh from a new refurb, Taco Mazama is looking to capitalise on its already sizable popularity as a quick and easy Mexican takeaway with a newly augmented sit-in section in their West End locale. They've very successfully made their name on fast, quality burritos with a number of fillings for every taste since they first opened the small takeaway on Renfield St in 2010. Yet they haven't rested on their laurels one bit – opening branches in Edinburgh and making additions to the original beef, chicken and pulled pork menu offerings. Don't fret though, vegetarians and vegans are now fully catered for with an impressive five-a-day burrito, a vegan mac and cheese option and Vegan Tuesdays where they offer five filling options. However, there's still plenty for meat eaters to get excited about with the inclusion of albondigas (Mexican meatballs), a one, three or five hard or soft shell taco option or an ample burrito bowl if you wish to go 'el grande'. As burrito competition continues to grow across the city, it's perhaps important to remember who was doing it first, quickest and best.
- High point: Great burritos - delivered quick and well made
- Low point: There's a lot of green. A lot.
- Delivery: Free over £10 order
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mix of rock pop and indie.
- Capacity: 40-60
- Largest group: 0
- Open since: 2011