Punjabi Charing Cross
- Telephone 0141 221 3926
- Food served Mon–Wed 4.30–11.30pm; Thu & Sun noon–2.30pm, 4.30–11.30pm; Fri noon–2.30pm, 4.30pm–midnight; Sat 4.30pm–midnight
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Sat 4.30–7pm
- Pre-theatre price £10.95 (3 courses)
- Website www.punjabicharingcross-g3.co.uk
With stunning Punjabi starters and wholesome curries friendly to the British palate will keep you contently smiling for the rest of the night.
Where the M8 divides the centre of Glasgow and the West End, Punjabi Charing Cross calls its home. An attention-grabbing fervid red exterior adorned with distinct stylised signage mask the architecture of an old British pub, and the remnants of the original venue are charmingly incorporated into the structure and the spirit of the new. A courteous welcome serves as prelude to a warm and hearty meal. Visitors should not be misled by the name, because, alongside Punjabi specials, there are dishes from diverse regions on offer, from the Goanese lamb curry to the South Indian garlic chilli. A stellar accomplishment are the Punjabi mussels, which will leave you ordering another chapati to soak up the last drops of the savoury sauce. Both the starters and the mains are generously portioned, so a lighter vegetarian starter, such as the delightful stuffed pepper, coupled with the heftier traditional lamb on the bone is enough to keep you contently smiling for the rest of the night.
- Delivery: £1.50–£4
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 11
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle