Henri of Edinburgh
- Telephone 0131 332 8963
- Opening times Mon–Fri 9am–8pm; Sat 9am–7pm; Sun 9.30am–5pm.
- Seasonal times No
- Food served Mon–Sat 9am–7pm; Sun 9am–6.30pm.
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch); £11 (evening meal)
- Website www.henriofedinburgh.co.uk
Open, airy space for brunch, lunch or a glass of wine with a cheese and charcuterie plate.
Popular with locals and young parents looking for a comfortable spot to have some grown-up chat, Henri’s is also a regular destination for Edinburgh’s restaurateurs keen to take advantage of the owner’s sourcing contacts and nose for quality. If you can make it past the tempting deli, the space just beyond is bright and open with duck egg blues and pale country woods. Breads from Le Petit Francais and Au Gourmand are put to good use with Henri’s own smoked mackerel pâté and caperberries. Farmhouse ham and brie de meaux are everything you would expect from a French baguette – crisp, yielding bread filled with gooey brie served with beautifully dressed greens and cornichons ticks all the boxes. The tartine sees Argyll smoked salmon and creamy avocado atop crunchy sourdough, once again demonstrating it’s all about the great ingredients at Henri’s.
- High point: Deli next to the kitchen makes for a delectable feast
- Low point: Alfresco dining can be a bit of a squeeze
- Notable dish: Farmhouse ham and brie de meaux baguette
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Jazz
- Capacity: 44 (4 outside)
- Largest group: 8
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 4
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle