- Telephone 0141 221 0971
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–10pm; Sat/Sun 10am–10pm
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu noon–7pm; Fri/Sat noon–6pm.
- Average price £14.95 (set lunch); £25 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £13.95
- Website www.barologrill.co.uk
An ambitious and seductive city centre restaurant where attention to the details of contemporary dining is combined with inventive classic Italian cuisine.
This cosseting and welcoming restaurant is well suited to a treat or celebration evening out. The music and light levels combined with a subtly attentive staff and booth seating create an instant feeling of specialness. Attention to detail is also reflected in the drinks menu with its range of Scottish craft gins, served in large wide bowl glasses. The menu is extensive without being run of the mill and there are various good-value offers including gourmet lunch and early evening menus and Wednesday steak nights with two steaks and a bottle of wine for £30. An outstanding breakfast is also served, while the outside space is used for summer cocktails and winter warmers. The vegetable and cheese based crostini sharing platter enhances the conviviality with toppings of bright red marinated tomatoes and red peppers, mushrooms and toasted taleggio, and fluffy honey and thyme-infused ricotta, all elegantly presented on a basil-drizzled platter. To finish, the passion fruit panacotta with sour cherry compote is tangy, delicious and set to perfection.
- Delivery: deliveroo
- Private dining: Up to 50 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 140(50 outdoors)
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle
Reviews & features
Restaurant review: Glasgow's Barolo Grill16 Aug 2011
Unflashy elegance and a fine choice for Italian food in city centre
It is an indication of the institution that L’Ariosto had become in Glasgow that even a month after being replaced by Barolo Grill the phone is answered with a cheery ‘Hello, L’Ariosto’. It also a reminder that the staff – some of whom have been around…