The Salisbury Arms
Spacious gastropub with a warm, homely interior and a beer garden with views of Arthur's Seat.
The Salisbury Arms manages to be both a local and a destination. A recent refurbishment sees comfy seating and painted wooden panelling adding up to a clean, calm, approach that is traditional with a modern twist. There’s a good selection of whiskies, real ales and 26 wines by the glass. If you wish to eat, tuck into mains like beer-battered line-caught cod, or why not skip straight to the good bit and share a house selection of desserts? With a decent fixed-price lunch, Tuesday quiz, well-drilled staff and a fantastic outdoor space, the Salisbury does a good job of serving an area of town that’s not particularly well-supplied with laid-back local bars that tick a lot of boxes.
- Private dining: 14 downstairs, 72 upstairs
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Tue quiz night plus occasional acoustic bands.
- Capacity: 110 dining + 50 bar
- Largest group: 60
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 26
- House wine: £16 per bottle