- Telephone 0131 229 9933
- Seasonal times Extended during Festival and Christmas period to 3am
- Bar open Sun–Thu 9am–midnight; Fri/Sat 9am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 9am–11.30pm.
- Average price £15 (lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.redsquirreledinburgh.co.uk
Bucket-loads of beers and burgers, and more besides.
Like its sister pubs The Southern and The Holyrood 9A, Red Squirrel majors on beer and burgers and has a lot to offer in these ever-popular arenas. For beer buffs there are brewer events; 20 lines, including four rotating taps; bottles from near and far; alcohol and gluten-free options and (of course?) beer ice-cream. As well as burgers, classic pub grub wears its hat at a slightly jaunty angle with the likes of venison sausage and mash or goat’s cheese salad. The well-stocked bar looks out over chunky wood, leather and barber’s shop tiles and serves a varied crowd: from suits after work to kids and four-legged friends. The relaxed atmosphere lends itself to plenty of chat and maybe a game of Monopoly for those who can play nicely.
- Delivery: https://deliveroo.co.uk/menu/edinburgh/old-town/red-squirrel?day=today&rpos=1&time=ASAP
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Background music
- Live entertainment: Regular events such as meet the brewers, tasting events and tap takeovers.
- Capacity: 150
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- House wine: £16 per bottle
Reviews & features
The best restaurants in Edinburgh and Glasgow for cheap eating in January9 Jan 2012
Dining out options that won't break the bank
EDINBURGH The Mosque Kitchen Now relocated from its former al fresco spot outside Edinburgh’s mosque, the café-style Mosque Kitchen still serves a fine range of halal meat and vegetable curries in no-fuss polystyrene dishes for under £5 including rice…
Red Squirrel takes perfected beer ‘n’ burgers formula to west Edinburgh28 Jun 2011
Owners of Holyrood 9a open new premises on Lothian Road
Red Squirrel 21 Lothian Road, West End, Edinburgh, EH1 2DJ 0131 229 9933, redsquirreledinburgh.co.uk Daiy 10am–late; food is served until 9pm. Ave. price two-course meal: £10 (lunch/dinner) What many folk discovered and liked about Old Town bar Holyrood…