Dovecot Café by Leo's
This restaurant has ceased trading.
Smart, bright daytime café in Edinburgh's world-renowned tapestry studio, serving freshly prepared soup, sandwiches and bakes.
The hard work and attention to detail evident in the Dovecot Café mirrors the tapestries and art hung on the walls all around. Part of the Dovecot Studios, the café is managed by the same team as New Town coffee house Leo’s Beanery so naturally the coffee is excellent, as are the cakes, soup, salads and sandwiches on offer. There are strong veggie, vegan and gluten-free options, like hummus and roasted carrot, as well as classic combos like peppered pastrami, jarlsberg and gherkin on sourdough. Breakfasts are light, including toasted banana bread and yoghurt with toasted nuts, seeds and fruit, and salads like free-range chicken satay served with crunchy vegetables and peanuts are bright and full of flavour.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Changing exhibitions and events
- Capacity: 38
- Largest group: 10
- Open since: 2016 under current management
- Number of wines sold by the glass: Not licensed yet.
- House wine: Not licensed yet. per bottle