Bocadillo Bistro Glasgow
- Telephone 0141 221 0069
- Opening times Mon–Thur 7am–4pm; Fri 7am–10pm; Sat 10.30am–10pm; Sun 10am–5pm. Closed Sat/Sun
- Average price £4.95 (set lunch)
- Website www.bocadillobistro.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2015 edition.
This smart café, and now occasional bistro, is in the perfect location to feed the many local office staff looking for a quick reliable bite. Large windows let the light flood in, and there is plenty of table space for sitting in away from the inevitable lunchtime takeaway queues. During the day there’s a wide range of sandwiches, panini and fajita wraps, plus various bigger specials including curries, pasta dishes and macaroni cheese. Recently the café has transformed into an appealing bistro, open on Thursday to Saturday evenings. The Scots-inspired tapas dishes on offer feature the likes of beer-battered langoustine tails, foraged mushrooms, and haggis Scotch eggs.
- High point: Reliable lunchtime bites
- Low point: Like a business convention at times
- Provides: Halal options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Low-fi pop
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: Feb 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0