- Telephone 0131 477 1838
- Opening times Mon–Sat 10am–6pm; closed Sun. Closed Sun.
- Seasonal times Around Christmas: open seven days
- Food served Mon–Sat 10am–6pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £4 (lunch)
- Website www.pekoetea.co.uk
Pekoe is a tea-lover's dream, dedicated to the art of enjoying the humble leaf in all its glory.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Apparently you're not meant to drink tea cold and in two gulps after forgetting about it all morning. Who knew? Pekoe Tea did. They have around 100 teas on their books and supply around 50 Edinburgh businesses. They import their Indian and Chinese teas directly and source all others through dedicated agents. Enjoying a cuppa in their shops is like relaxing in someone's front room (if that someone was a self-proclaimed tea nerd like the staff at Pekoe). They will try to get you ‘tea drunk’ (yes, it’s a thing) on the earthy Pu Erh, a fermented Chinese tea, served in a tiny clay pot with a tiny saucer to drink it from. If you don't want to get too giddy you could try the Scottish Earl Grey, blended in partnership with the Secret Herb Garden where all the botanicals are grown.
- High point: 10% discount if you take the tea you drank home
- Low point: Small 10g bags of tea only available online
- Notable dish: Tea!
Edinburgh's first Tea Bar and Coffee House; we stock about 100 loose teas. We also have Artisan Roast coffee beans, Chocolate Tree and other exquisite chocolate bars. We do sit-in and takeaway tea, chai, coffee and hot chocolate. Our beautiful Zero Japan teapots and other tea and coffee accessories are great presents or good to indulge yourself with.
Text supplied by third party.
- Delivery: They deliver tea – postage price according to size of purchase
- Provides: Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chilled vibes
- Capacity: 12
- Largest group: 6
- Open since: 2010