These premises have closed.
- Telephone 0131 538 9374
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–11pm.
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–9pm; Fri/Sat noon–10pm.
- Average price £17 (lunch); £17 (evening meal)
- Website www.constitutionbar.com
A spacious, modern addition to Constitution Street's list of bars, with a lot of beers and a substantial menu of bar food classics.
Placed between Noble’s and the revamped Port O’Leith, the Constitution offers a very different pub experience from either competitor. Modern and roomy inside, it’s a roomy brick-clad horseshoe of a bar with lots of seating, both snug and spacious, and plenty of room at the bar. Cocktails and draughts – there are 24 beers on tap – are a speciality. The substantial bar menu includes brunch, burgers and bar classics, from haddock and chips to steaks and a macaroni and cheese pie as well as a weekend roast. If the vegetarian options aren’t extensive, the choice of gluten-free main meals is reasonable and for summer days there’s a lot of seating space out on Constitution Street.
- Private dining: Up to 50 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 200 (12 outdoors)
- Open since: 2010
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £15 per bottle