- Telephone 0131 556 3406
- Food served Tue–Thu 5–10pm; Fri/Sat 5–10.30pm; Sun 5–10pm. Closed Mon.
- Average price £12 (lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Typical order Gaeng kiew wan – a traditional Thai green curry (£6.15)
- Website www.thaipadedinburgh.co.uk
The takeaway arm of London Road’s Thai Pad, the same kitchen and chefs are responsible for a menu with mains helpfully broken down into Thailand’s culinary regions. Mixed starters are very generous in quantity, and include a beautifully flavoured, if slightly greasy, fish cake, very messy ribs and impressively moist chicken satay. Moo yang is a speciality: marinated pork in a dark, sweet sauce, it’s rich and could be wonderful with less fatty meat. The list of stir fries is long and well explained, and fish dishes are very reasonably priced. Online ordering is efficient, and delivery is generally within the hour.
- Delivery: from £1.25; orders to EH11, 14, 15, 17 and further should phone to confirm
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses)