- Telephone 01382 201419
- Seasonal times Open for lunches in the run up to Christmas, on certain days.
- Food served Tue–Thu 5.30–9pm; Fri/Sat 5.30–9.30pm. Closed Sun/Mon.
- Average price £21 (evening meal)
- Website www.piccolodundee.co.uk
This review is taken from the 2011 edition.
An intimate, personal dining experience situated midway down the Perth Road in Dundee, this restaurant highlights classic European dishes with a hearty emphasis on Italian cuisine. Owner Athol Shepherd cooks with ingredients sourced from the surrounding area: seafood customarily arrives from Spink’s in Arbroath while the wine selection is curated by Aitken’s, a longtime Dundee wine merchant. A thoughtful selection of pasta, pizza, seafood, meat and vegetarian dishes are available while BYOB for £4.25 corkage is also available.
Piccolo offers an intimate dining experience a short walk from the city centre. A warm welcome awaits, with a menu that focuses on Italian cuisine, good wines and delicious desserts. Dishes are put together with a great deal of care and attention. The homemade pâté is worth ordering, as is the gnocchi. It's a lovely spot for special occasions and booking is recommended at weekends.
- Provides: Wheelchair access
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
- BYOB: £5 corkage