This restaurant has ceased trading.
The West End coffee haven once known as Avenue G, now Avenue Coffee, is renowned for its lovingly prepared locally sourced dishes.
Following the opening of their original Byres Road unit in 2011 under the name Avenue G, the rebranded Avenue Coffee was extremely quick in becoming a West End favourite for a commitment to solid Scottish sourcing, great coffee and convivilaity. Now with a new menu launched in March 2016, they seem set to raise their profile even higher. The ethos and inspiration behind the dishes remains the same, but the café now offers a refined version of their old menu – keeping the excellent breakfast offerings – with the addition of delicately balanced salads, and an exciting range of specials that includes plates such as a vegan bean burger and a BBQ pulled pork burger. Despite their rebranding however, the elements of the café that aided its rise to popularity remain the same – friendly staff, great cooking, and truly excellent coffee.
- High point: A brilliant choice for breakfast
- Low point: Upstairs seating a little cramped
- Notable dish: Eggs en cocotte
- Delivery: corporate/functions
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: jazz/Latin/acoustic
- Live entertainment: Occasional exhibitions
- Capacity: 30 (80
- Open since: 2011
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0
- BYOB: Nothing corkage
Reviews & features
Neighbourhood Watch: Byres Road, Glasgow17 Oct 2011
A rough guide to the trendiest road in the West
What’s it like? One big road with many little offshoots to appeal to the culture vulture in you. Where’s it, like? Off Great Western road if you hang a left at the Botanic Gardens, and just up from Partick. Take the tube to Hillhead station (soon…