Coffee, Chocolate and Tea
- Telephone 0141 204 3161
- Food served Mon–Wed 8am–4pm; Thu/Fri 8am–5pm; Sat 10am–4pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £7 (lunch)
Small café serving in-house roasted coffee, 40 teas, hot food, cakes and handmade chocolates.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
In a place with 40 teas to choose from, a half-dozen single origin coffees, and enough sugary stuff to keep the sweetest of teeth placated, the biggest problem here is making a decision. You’re greeted by a fandangled roaster which is far from ornamental: coffee is roasted in-house each week. Flat whites are not only delicious, but also adorned with top-notch latté art, while filter options are many, from the simple but effective Aeropress to the show-stopping siphon brewer. The tea menu spans continents with everything from oolong to rooibos and many strange and intriguing brews in between. Soups and sandwiches also deliver, but don’t miss out on the mango and pistachio cake or gluten-free brownie – or try one of their chilli and lime truffles or salted caramel cups on your way out the door.
- High point: Dizzying array of coffee and tea
- Low point: Not many seats
- Notable dish: Spicy lentil soup
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Indie and folk
- Live entertainment: Art School Exhibitions, Glasgow Print Studio monthly art
- Capacity: 10 (2 outdoors)
- Largest group: 0
- Open since: 2010