- Telephone 0131 220 6666
- Bar open Mon–Wed 10am–midnight; Thu–Sat 10am–1am; Sun 10am–midnight.
- Average price £18 (lunch); £18 (evening meal)
- Website www.quorvuscollection.com/gandv-hotel-edinburgh
Bar G&V provides guaranteed sophistication and downright delicious cocktails.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Remnants of Missoni’s kaleidoscopic colours and patterns may still shine through, but the Quorvus Collection's G&V Hotel has very much made its own mark on the city. An autumn 2016 refurb has seen the ground-floor bar renamed as Epicurean, with a focus on upmarket cocktails and Scottish spirits. They serve an all-day dining menu with Mediterranean snacks and an extensive mocktail list made with hand-pressed juices. Afternoon tea is served 2.30–5.30pm daily. The refurb will extend to a new lobby and reception with cakes and pastries made fresh daily, with local florist Snapdragon making its new home in the lobby too.
- Private dining: A private room can be booked through the hotel
- No. overnight rooms: 136
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Soul and funk
- Live entertainment: Live DJs 6 - 12 on Saturdays
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 2009
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- House wine: £21 per bottle